Last Action Hero
- Director:John McTiernan
- Actors:Arnold SchwarzeneggerF. Murray AbrahamArt CarneyCharles DanceFrank McRae
- Studio:Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.00
as of 5/21/2013 15:24 EDT details
- You Save: $10.99 (73%)
- Seller:Jack Mavericks
- Sales Rank:43,571
- Format:Color, Dolby, Full Screen, NTSC
- Languages:English (Subtitles For The Hearing Impaired), English (Unknown), Spanish (Subtitled), Korean (Subtitled), English (Original Language), Spanish (Original Language), French (Original Language), French (Dubbed)
- Number Of Items:1
- Running Time:130 Minutes
- Rating:PG-13 (Parental Guidance Suggested)
- Edition:DVD Video
- Aspect Ratio:1.33:1
- Picture Format:Anamorphic Widescreen
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):7.5 x 5.3 x 0.6
- Release Date:October 7, 1997
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Arnold Schwarzenegger. Jack Slater, a larger-than-life movie hero, is mysteriously transported into the real world by a teenage boy and a magic movie ticket in this old-fashioned adventure. 1993/color/130 min/PG-13/widescreen.
Jack Slater is an action-film hero played by Arnold Schwarzenegger. An old projectionist (Robert Prosky) hands a magic movie ticket to Jack's biggest preteen fan (Austin O'Brien), and the kid steps right inside the latest Jack Slater film, becoming the actor star's sidekick in gunfights and car chases. But when Jack's nemesis (Charles Dance) gets his hands on the ticket, the fight busts out into the real world and Jack (à la Toy Story's Buzz Lightyear) refuses to believe he's a fictional character. Director John McTiernan churns some nifty scenes out of this setup, although the fiction-to-reality shuffle is not as deft as in, say, Woody Allen's The Purple Rose of Cairo, and the plot needs the kind of logic and discipline found in that classic when-worlds-collide film Back to the Future. Still, Schwarzenegger has moments of wit and smashing action, and we get a faux-movie trailer advertising an intriguing new shoot-'em-up: "Something's rotten in the State of Denmark--and Hamlet is taking out the trash!"
Disclaimer: All product information on this site belongs to Amazon.com. No guarantees are made as to accuracy of prices and information.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.